- RT @issybryonyh: These specimens were growing in the rather wonderful North Kelvin Meadow, a community site with a superb woodland playgrou… 7 months ago
- We’re in the chapter A Rose of Defiance (quite apt !). Its a beautifully written book. Official page on the Penguin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- A book’s been written about us called “Irreplaceable” the fight to save our wild places by Julian Hoffman an establ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- Thanks Moral Fibre and Aviva for your support, please do come back to see how we get on. twitter.com/MoralFibres/st… 1 year ago
- Today's our 10th Anniversary. As it was back on 13th October 2008 when we were officially constituted as a group. W… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
Save the Meadow!
Author Archives: northkelvinmeadow
We’ve really worked hard this year getting the meadow and wood ready for the spring and summer. So its a huge THANK YOU to all our volunteers for putting in alot of time and effort doing this, many of which … Continue reading
The orchard trees need a prune before their growth starts in the spring . Here’s a few points to consider when pruning: The Orchard strategy is to make sure the trees don’t get so tall someone would need a step … Continue reading
Come help the land, your community and wildlife by creating more meadow on Sunday 3rd March 2019. We’ll supply the spades, tea, coffee and biscuits. All free. Learn and be a part of meadow creation within an inner city environment. … Continue reading
Your invitation: Bird feeding and meadow creation session. Sundays 17th and 24th of February 2019 between 2 – 4pm.
Come along on Sundays 17th and 24th February 2019, between 2-4pm to a community event which will : Help you fill up our numerous Bird Feeders. We’ll supply the bird feed and your job is to find and fill … Continue reading
Would you like to help maintain a Meadow and Wood? If so please do email and let us know. Everything you do to help the land matters to us. If none of our current volunteering opportunities appeal to you, or you … Continue reading
Glasgow City Council has a map called the “Open Space Map” that categorises all land within the City. Any Planning Application coming in would refer to this. The North Kelvin Meadow and Children Wood is currently mapped as: “6.51 Sports Areas … Continue reading
All you have to do is “Register to vote” on link below (don’t worry, its easy and quick). Then look up our project “North Kelvin Meadow” in their Search Projects Titles box. Click on our photo. And vote for us 10 … Continue reading