- RT @GlasgowWEToday: Spring carnival @childrens_wood @kelvinmeadow celebrating 25 year lease of one of the city’s ‘last wild spaces’ #commun… 1 year ago
- RT @stmarysmaryhill: From Fr Lawlor: Marks & Spencer’s have donated a mountain of food after the Christmas rush. Our foodbank volunteers ar… 1 year ago
- RT @westendfest: Don't miss author Emily Dodd @auntyemily @childrens_wood @kelvinmeadow @scottishbktrust @glasgowswestend @Visit_WestEnd @W… 1 year ago
- The Queen and Princess Royal came to visit us this morning. Really chuffed to get this recognition. At 95 and still… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @GradySNP: Congrats to the team @childrens_wood hosting a unique visitor today - and great to see the produce of one Queen (honey bee) b… 1 year ago
Save the Meadow!
Category Archives: News
Woodland Flower Seed
A Big Thank You to our volunteers that prepared the soil under our woodland trees for the wildflower seed which has now been sowed. It was alot of work over quite some period and its actually something that very rarely gets done. Most … Continue reading
We remember the Queen as she visted our land back last summer – July 2022. She didn’t have to at the age of 95. By the end of that day she had put us on the map for many that … Continue reading
We need to raise some funds for the upkeep of the land, and to renovate the old brick shed. Little has been done to this shed, maintenance wise for perhaps 60+ years so its due some much needed work. This … Continue reading
It’s been a busy time!
Looking back this last 12 months of being in a pandemic and its fair to say its been a very busy time for us on the land. Throughout the period the land been used alot as people are often staying … Continue reading
Meadow seed mix sowed
Wanted to share with you what we planted on the meadow this year so far. There are some areas still to do. Thanks to the volunteers whose time and effort made this all possible. Many who will get the benefit … Continue reading
Meadow creation and woodland management.
During April and May 2020 volunteers were out as part of their daily excercise helping to maintain the meadow and wood. They prepared the ground and then put down meadow seed. Mostly around the Orchard area but also in the … Continue reading
We need YOUR vote
Please vote for us so we can get some much needed funding from the “Wee Green Grants scheme”. Its really easy and only takes a few minutes: click on link below, register, verify your email, find “North Kelvin Meadow” in … Continue reading
Community bulb planting event – 2pm Sunday 1st March 2020
We’ve got 500 snow drop bulbs (in the green), just needing people like you to come out and help plant them this Sunday 1st March at 2pm. Meet at the Clouston street fence line as thats where they will be … Continue reading
We are part of the Glasgow Unversity Environmental and Sustainability event this Sunday at 2pm.
This event is open to all members of the public not just students. As you can see in the schedule below the North Kelvin Meadow part is on between 2-3pm this Sunday 16th Feb 2020. We’ll have a short tour and … Continue reading
Meadow Creation Event
Please come along to a volunteer meadow creation event this Friday 17th Jan 2020 at 10.30am till 11.30am . We’ll be sowing meadow seed taken from a meadow in Shetland by a lady called Susan who manges it there. The … Continue reading