- CANCELLED due to Storm Denis. We are part of the Glasgow Unversity Environmental and Sustainability event this Sunday at 2pm.
- This is now CANCELED: Meadow Creation Event
- Results from our 2019 Bumblebee Survey
- A Book about us is out!
- Restrictive Parking Zone (RPZ) proposed for North Kelvin and North Woodside
- RT @issybryonyh: These specimens were growing in the rather wonderful North Kelvin Meadow, a community site with a superb woodland playgrou… 6 months ago
- We’re in the chapter A Rose of Defiance (quite apt !). Its a beautifully written book. Official page on the Penguin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- A book’s been written about us called “Irreplaceable” the fight to save our wild places by Julian Hoffman an establ… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- Thanks Moral Fibre and Aviva for your support, please do come back to see how we get on. twitter.com/MoralFibres/st… 11 months ago
- Today's our 10th Anniversary. As it was back on 13th October 2008 when we were officially constituted as a group. W… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
Save the Meadow!
Category Archives: News
Thanks to Community Engagement Activities (CEA) group for coming out last Sunday 23rd Sept 2018 and helping maintain the meadow and clear the surrounding pavements of leaves and small branches from the recent storm. Really good turnout from this minority … Continue reading
Come along this Saturday 15th Sept to the Harvest Festival between 1-5pm. Loads on! Maybe some honey? Some information and activities on looking after the meadow so we have more wild flowers next year. There are still a few brambles … Continue reading
Thanks to Mark Galloway of Galloway Wild Foods for giving us a superb talk on foraging yesterday Sunday 15th July 2018. He took us on a walk around our land, and helped identify plants and how to sustainably harvest, cook … Continue reading
Thanks to Tom who came over from Edinburgh and hosted our Orchard Community event on Saturday 30th June 2018. Credit to Fergus from the Orchard Project for helping with arranging this. We had a great bunch of volunteers that came … Continue reading
National Theatre of Scotland is bringing an exciting new production , The Reason I Jump to the land. There will be a temporary maze within the land 4th June – 23rd June 2018. There will of course be day time … Continue reading
No doubt you may be aware of a worrying number of incidents across parks in Glasgow (Kelvingrove Botanics, Linn Park, Kings Park, Partick) in which meat or tennis balls have been poisoned and left out publicly. As a result, several … Continue reading
Shakespeare, Henry V “The even mead that erst brought sweetly forth The freckled cowslip, burnet and green clover Wanting the scythe, all uncorrected, rank Conceives by idleness, and nothing teems But hateful docks, rough thistles, keksies, burs, Losing both beauty … Continue reading