Most people living in the city will have experienced seeing a fox at some point, but the other night really was quite unusual. I was walking through the Meadow late one night last week and took a short cut to see if the bin needed emptying. At first I thought it was a cat, but only about 7 feet away was a Fox. I immediately thought I must have been close to his (or her) cubs, but no sound came from Mr Fox, he just watched me. So I moved off slowly and he followed. I then took a wide walk round the Meadow and all the time the Fox was with me, sometimes 20 feet away , sometimes just 10 feet away. It was as if he was quite glad to see me and wanted to play. No doubt though looking for food. I had just seen the week before The Fantastic Mr Fox in the cinema and so believe me the similarity wasn’t wasted!
- The Queen and Princess Royal came to visit us this morning. Really chuffed to get this recognition. At 95 and still… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- RT @GradySNP: Congrats to the team @childrens_wood hosting a unique visitor today - and great to see the produce of one Queen (honey bee) b… 1 month ago
- RT @docsuzy: @JacJayess I used some of my seeds in an area that is being ‘rewilded’ in Glasgow at the @kelvinmeadow , and was pleased to se… 4 months ago
- RT @childrens_wood: Yes! https://t.co/LxrdqQYRWs 9 months ago
- RT @childrens_wood: We couldn't be more happy to tell you that @GlasgowCC & @childrens_wood have come to a historic agreement over the lan… 9 months ago
Save the Meadow!