Most people living in the city will have experienced seeing a fox at some point, but the other night really was quite unusual. I was walking through the Meadow late one night last week and took a short cut to see if the bin needed emptying. At first I thought it was a cat, but only about 7 feet away was a Fox. I immediately thought I must have been close to his (or her) cubs, but no sound came from Mr Fox, he just watched me. So I moved off slowly and he followed. I then took a wide walk round the Meadow and all the time the Fox was with me, sometimes 20 feet away , sometimes just 10 feet away. It was as if he was quite glad to see me and wanted to play. No doubt though looking for food. I had just seen the week before The Fantastic Mr Fox in the cinema and so believe me the similarity wasn’t wasted!
North Kelvin Meadow campaign’s submission to the Planning OfficerDownload North Kelvin Meadow campaign's formal document detailing our objection to the granting of planning permission to build on the Meadow.
26 January 2013
The Little House of La on the meadow.
More info at: thechildrenswood.com.
- RT @BBCRadioScot: Douglas Peacock @kelvinmeadow explains how a shared vision to restore a local greenspace has created a sense of together… 6 months ago
- Sowed Meadow Flower Yellow Rattle this afternoon. Very important for a Meadow as it keeps the fast growing grass in check. It eats grass. 6 months ago
- RT @fifikinrocks: Found a mul-t-lock key in @kelvinmeadow. Anyone's? 7 months ago
- Glasgow needs Orchards! They help people have an interest not just in nature but heathy eating.Volunteer session this Sunday 2pm. See u then 8 months ago
- RT @GradySNP: Inspiring as always visit to @childrens_wood @kelvinmeadow & welcomed Employment Minister @jamiehepburn to his childhood foot… 10 months ago
Save the Meadow!