Most people living in the city will have experienced seeing a fox at some point, but the other night really was quite unusual. I was walking through the Meadow late one night last week and took a short cut to see if the bin needed emptying. At first I thought it was a cat, but only about 7 feet away was a Fox. I immediately thought I must have been close to his (or her) cubs, but no sound came from Mr Fox, he just watched me. So I moved off slowly and he followed. I then took a wide walk round the Meadow and all the time the Fox was with me, sometimes 20 feet away , sometimes just 10 feet away. It was as if he was quite glad to see me and wanted to play. No doubt though looking for food. I had just seen the week before The Fantastic Mr Fox in the cinema and so believe me the similarity wasn’t wasted!
- Cut the hedge and cleared pavement of weeds and earth on Sanda street. Thanks to Network Rail volunteers for helping. 1 week ago
- Our Queen Honey Bee created a new hive today within the Beedookit. So thats us now got TWO honey bee hives, yeah! T… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @BBCRadioScot: Douglas Peacock @kelvinmeadow explains how a shared vision to restore a local greenspace has created a sense of together… 9 months ago
- Sowed Meadow Flower Yellow Rattle this afternoon. Very important for a Meadow as it keeps the fast growing grass in check. It eats grass. 9 months ago
- RT @fifikinrocks: Found a mul-t-lock key in @kelvinmeadow. Anyone's? 10 months ago
Save the Meadow!