Most people living in the city will have experienced seeing a fox at some point, but the other night really was quite unusual. I was walking through the Meadow late one night last week and took a short cut to see if the bin needed emptying. At first I thought it was a cat, but only about 7 feet away was a Fox. I immediately thought I must have been close to his (or her) cubs, but no sound came from Mr Fox, he just watched me. So I moved off slowly and he followed. I then took a wide walk round the Meadow and all the time the Fox was with me, sometimes 20 feet away , sometimes just 10 feet away. It was as if he was quite glad to see me and wanted to play. No doubt though looking for food. I had just seen the week before The Fantastic Mr Fox in the cinema and so believe me the similarity wasn’t wasted!
- RT @docsuzy: @JacJayess I used some of my seeds in an area that is being ‘rewilded’ in Glasgow at the @kelvinmeadow , and was pleased to se… 2 months ago
- RT @childrens_wood: Yes! https://t.co/LxrdqQYRWs 7 months ago
- RT @childrens_wood: We couldn't be more happy to tell you that @GlasgowCC & @childrens_wood have come to a historic agreement over the lan… 7 months ago
- RT @tamdeanburn: @SusaninLangside @scotgov .@childrens_wood & @kelvinmeadow are a prime example of community engagement transforming local… 8 months ago
- RT @issybryonyh: These specimens were growing in the rather wonderful North Kelvin Meadow, a community site with a superb woodland playgrou… 1 year ago
Save the Meadow!